Project Based Learning – Recap and Summary
- Define the project.
- Think about assessment from the start, and throughout the project.
- Use the phases of project development to organize the project and to prepare interim assessments so that students and teachers can monitor their progress.
- Create a scoring guide based on specified criteria.
- Complete the scoring guide using multiple sources of evidence such as the project itself, the annotated bibliography, and the students’ responses to follow-up questions.
- Use the result of your assessment to determine a final grade for the project.
Congratulations! You now have all the tools you need to do your own integrated assessment of your student’s social studies projects.